Sunday, October 27, 2013

Last Minute Halloween Costumes- Movie Edition

Halloween is only a couple of days away now and I'm sure most people have their costumes picked out, but does that stop me from dreaming up possible costumes for people on the daily? Of course not. All of the costumes below are super easy and cost efficient, so go as any of these awesome fictional characters and you'll be set.
  • Elle Driver
With Kill Bill Volume I and II being my favorite Tarantino films, I've considered being Beatrice "The Bride" for Halloween every year. Unfortunately, The Bride's iconic yellow jumpsuit will cost you if you want it to look even the least bit legitimate. I've re-watched Volume II recently and realized that Elle Driver would be an awesome, easy, and cheap alternative. I think that a lot of girls face the problem of wanting a scary-ish costume but also wanting to look hott. This costume fits both requirements very well.
Elle Driver
  • The Ferris Bueller's Day Off Gang
I've never been so strongly influenced by a character than I was by Sloane when I first saw FBDO. Besides being the coolest, prettiest, most laid-back high school girl ever to grace the big screen, Sloane rocked a killer outfit that had me asking for a white fringe jacket every year for Christmas. My favorite thing about Sloane's style is that the movie only takes place of the course of one day- she really never has a wardrobe change but because of the many layers to her outfit, it appears as if she's wearing something different in every scene. While I think it'll be close to impossible to find Sloane's jacket in your local department store, you can find a lot of similar items at the thrift store.
Sloane Peterson
Cameron is a great costume for any guy because all it really requires is a Red Wing's jersey. For Ferris it's just grey slacks, any 80's/90's patterned vest and parted hair.
Cameron Frye and Ferris Bueller
  • Margot and Richie Tenenbaum
 Richie is a great costume because not only will you get major indie cred, but you have options. If it's cold where you live you can go with the suit and scarf combo, and if it's warm you can wear the striped polo. If you have long hair you can go as pre-suicide attempt Richie, and if you have short hair you can go as post-suicide attempt Richie. Just try not to listen to any Elliott Smith that night.
Richie Tenenbaum

The obvious sidekick to Richie would be Margot of course. Look for a (faux) fur coat, a polo dress, and baby pink gloves (and remember to cut the finger off one of the gloves for accuracy). Add a red hair clip and lots of eyeliner and you'll look just like the adopted Tenenbaum herself.
Margot Tenenbaum

  • Olive Hoover
K so I guess I'm still not over how good Little Miss Sunshine was because I've been thinking about how cute an Olive costume would be lately. All you would need is cowboy boots, colorful shorts, grandma-like glasses, and some sweatbands. Play Super Freak on repeat for the whole night.
Oliver Hoover
So that wraps up my Halloween costume guide for 2013. In the end, it does not matter who you dress up as, just that you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home